WASHINGTON TWP., N.J. – After three weeks off from match action, the Philadelphia University men's tennis team suffered a 7-2 non-conference loss to St. Thomas Aquinas Friday afternoon at the Washington Township Tennis & Fitness Club.
Oskar Haedicke (Iserlohn, Germany/Gymnasium An der Stenner Iserlohn) had a hand in winning points of Philadelphia (2-3) two points.
Haedicke teamed up with Luis Molina Megias (Gran Canaria, Spain/Atlantic School Garoe) for the first time this season and knocked off the duo of Aaron Stahl and Luke Taplin 8-6 in the No. 1 flight. Later in the day, Haedicke improved to 4-0 in singles play thanks to a straight-set 6-3, 7-6 (8-6) victory over Javier Munoz at No. 2. Haedicke is now 3-0 in the No. 2 singles flight.
Philadelphia gets right back to work at Adelphi on Saturday, March 11.
St. Thomas Aquinas 7, Philadelphia U. 2
1. Aaron Stahl (STAC) def. Luis Molina Megias (PHI) 7-5, 6-3
2. Oskar Haedicke (PHI) def. Javier Munoz (STAC) 6-3, 7-6 (8-6)
3. Andreu Farragut (STAC) def. Liviu Trifoi (PHI) 6-1, 6-1
4. Enej Hasicevic (STAC) def. Jacobo Atri (PHI) 3-6, 6-1, 6-3
5. Luke Taplin (STAC) def. Joseph Sison (PHI) 6-2, 6-2
6. Eddy de Abreu (STAC) def. Cesar Solis (PHI) 6-1, 6-3
1. Haedicke/Molina Megias (PHI) def. Stahl/Taplin 8-6
2. Farragut/Hasicevic (STAC) def. Atri/Trifoi (PHI) 8-4
3. Munoz/de Abreu def. Sean DeBlasio/Sison (PHI) 8-6
Philadelphia U. 2-2
St. Thomas Aquinas 3-1