WASHINGTON – Oskar Haedicke (Iserlohn, Germany/Gymnasium An der Stenner Iserlohn) remains undefeated in singles play after picking up the Philadelphia University men's tennis team's lone point in an 8-1 non-conference loss to the University of District of Columbia Sunday afternoon.
Haedicke is now 7-0 as a singles player this season as he overcame a one-set deficit to defeat Diego Pinto in the No. 2 flight. After dropping the opening set 3-6, his first set loss of the season, Haedicke bounced back to claim the final two sets 6-0 and 6-3.
He is now 6-0 when playing at No. 2 singles and 1-0 at No. 1.
Joseph Sison (Yardley, Pa./Notre Dame) nearly picked up a single point for the Rams at No. 5 singles, but suffered a narrow 8-6 defeat to Marco Feligioni.
Philadelphia (3-4) returns to action on Thursday, March 30 with a non-conference match against visiting West Chester at 3 p.m.
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 8, PHILADELPHIA U. 1
1. Rok Bozic (UDC) def. Luis Molina (PHI) 6-1, 6-3
2. Oskar Haedicke (PHI) def. Diego Pinto (UDC) 3-6, 6-0, 6-3
3. Alexis Baguelin (UDC) def. Liviu Trifoi (PHI) 6-3, 6-4
4. Ander Murillo (UDC) def. Jacobo Atri (PHI) 6-2, 6-3
5. Marco Feligioni (UDC) def. Joseph Sison (PHI) 8-6
6. Josip Marinic (UDC) def. Juan Velosa (PHI) 8-4
1. Bozic/Pinto (UDC) def. Molina/Haedicke (PHI) 8-2
2. Baguelin/Murillo (UDC) def. Trifoi/Sison (PHI) 8-3
3. Feligioni/Marinic (UDC) def. DeBlasio/Atri (PHI) 8-5
Philadelphia U. 3-4
District of Columbia 3-2