PHILADELPHIA – The Philadelphia University men's tennis team cruised to an 8-1 victory over West Chester University in a non-conference match Thursday afternoon on the Abraham Salaman Tennis Courts.
Philadelphia (4-4) started the match with a 3-0 lead as West Chester (1-8) had only four available players. The Rams were awarded victories at No. 3 doubles, and No. 5 and No. 6 singles.
The Rams completed the doubles sweep to earn the match victory. Luis Molina Megias (Gran Canaria, Spain/Atlantic School Garoe) and Oskar Haedicke (Iserlohn, Germany/Germany An der Stenner Iserlohn) notched their third win at the Rams' top duo with an 8-1 triumph over Norman Patten and Kyill Curry. Liviu Trifoi (Wyomissing, Pa./Wyomissing) and Joseph Sison (Yardley, Pa./Notre Dame) secured the match, defeating Cameron Moore and Keanu Travelino 8-3 at No. 2 doubles.
Haedicke remains undefeated as a singles player after he went to 8-0 with a 6-1, 6-1 win at No. 2 singles over Travelino. Velosa improved to 2-1 this season thanks to a 6-1, 6-2 in his No. 3 match against Moore.
In his first singles match, Cesar Solis (Santa Teresa, N.M./Coronado) came from a set down in the No. 4 flight to rally and defeat Curry 3-6, 6-1, 1-0 (10-6) for his collegiate victory.
Philadelphia gets right back to work with a non-conference match against Salem International on Friday, March 31 at 11 a.m. in the Legacy Youth Tennis Center.
PHILADELPHIA U. 8, WEST CHESTER 1
1. Norman Patten (WCU) def. Luis Molina Megias (PHI) 6-2, 4-6, 1-0 (10-7)
2. Oskar Haedicke (PHI) def. Keanu Travelino (WCU) 6-1, 6-1
3. Juan Velosa (PHI) def. Cameron Moore (WCU) 6-1, 6-2
4. Cesar Solis (PHI) def. Kyill Curry (WCU) 3-6, 6-1, 1-0 (10-6)
5. James Pollard (PHI) wins via walkover
6. Ryan Schaffer (PHI) wins via walkover
1. Molina Megias/Haedicke (PHI) def. Patten/Curry (WCU) 8-1
2. Trifoi/Sison (PHI) def. Moore/Travelino (WCU) 8-3
3. Sean DiBlasio/Jacobo Atri (PHI) win via walkover
Philadelphia U. 4-4
West Chester 1-8