MILLERSVILLE, Pa. – The Philadelphia University men's tennis team recorded its second straight sweep on Monday afternoon, picking up a 9-0 non-conference win over Millersville University on the McComsey Tennis Courts.
Philadelphia (8-5) cruised to a sweep of the doubles matches to jump out to a 3-0 victory.
Philadelphia's No. 1 team of Luis Molina Megias and Oskar Haedicke and its No. 2 duo of Liviu Trifoi and Joseph Sison won their respective matches by an 8-2 score. It was the team-leading sixth win of the year for Haedicke and Molina Megias, while Liviu and Sison have five. Both pairings are now four-match winning streaks.
Molina Megias notched his fourth singles victory as he was a 6-0, 6-0 winner at No. 1 over Christian Akerley. Haedicke is up to 11 wins, a team-high, after knocking off Christian Boyer 6-0, 6-2 in the No. 2 flight. At No. 3, Trifoi was 6-0, 6-1 victor against Noah Ginder.
Philadelphia travels to Chestnut Hill for a Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference match on Thursday, April 13 at 3:30 p.m.
PHILADELPHIA U. 9, MILLERSVILLE 0
1. Luis Molina Megias (PHI) def. Christian Akerley (MILL) 6-0, 6-0
2. Oskar Haedicke (PHI) def. Christian Boyer (MILL) 6-0, 6-2
3. Liviu Trifoi (PHI) def. Noah Ginder (MILL) 6-0, 6-1
4. Jacobo Atri (PHI) def. Jordan Shultz (MILL) 8-0
5. Cesar Solis (PHI) def. Patrick Maher (MILL) 8-0
6. James Pollard (PHI) def. Adam Kopitsky (MILL) 8-1
1. Molina Megias/Haedicke (PHI) def. Akerley/Boyer (MILL) 8-2
2. Trifoi/Sison (PHI) def. Ginder/Shultz (MILL) 8-2
3. Sean DeBlasio/Atri (PHI) def. Kopitsky/Maher (MILL) 8-0
Philadelphia U. 8-5