WASHINGTON – The Philadelphia University women's tennis team was defeated by the University of the District of Columbia 8-1 in a non-conference match Sunday afternoon.
Tabitha Porter (Sumner, Maine/Lisbon) picked up Philadelphia's point as she cruised to a 6-0, 6-0 triumph over the Firebirds' Danielle Falco in the No. 5 flight. Porter evened her overall record at 4-4 as she recorded her first win playing in the five position.
Philadelphia (6-10) welcomes USciences to the Abraham Salaman Tennis Courts for a non-conference match on Tuesday, March 28 at 3:30 p.m.
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 8, PHILADELPHIA U. 1
1. Dominika Hadnadova (UDC) def. Linde Zwaan (PHI) 4-1 ret.
2. Alena Skobkina (UDC) def. Emily Zygmunt (PHI) 6-0, 6-0
3. Paula Avellan (UDC) def. Mariana Sampaio (PHI) 6-0, 6-1
4. Estefania Castrillon (UDC) def. Katelyn High (PHI) 6-3, 6-0
5. Tabitha Porter (PHI) def. Danielle Falco (UDC) 6-0, 6-0
6. UDC wins via walkover
1. Hadnadova/Skobkina def. Zwaan/Sampaio (PU) 8-3
2. Avellan/Castrillon def. Zygmunt/High (PU) 8-2
3. UDC wins via walkover
Philadelphia U. 6-10
District of Columbia 5-4